ACTIVE WITH ARTHRITIS
With Vijay Vad, MD
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 50 million U.S. adults have been diagnosed with arthritis, and as the population ages, this number is expected to increase sharply. Currently, there is no cure, but sports medicine specialist and author Dr. Vijay Vad offers help for those who experience the limited mobility, pain and stiffness that come with arthritis. With an overview of the facts, symptoms, and underlying causes for arthritis pain, ACTIVE WITH ARTHRITIS outlines a three-step self-help program to empower arthritis sufferers with techniques to manage their condition, minimize dependency on drugs and medical interventions, and enjoy an active lifestyle. ACTIVE WITH ARTHRITIS WITH VIJAY VAD, M.D.
In developing ACTIVE WITH ARTHRITIS, Dr. Vad’s goals are to help those with arthritis:
· Gain a better medical understanding of their disease
· Be cognizant of the relationship between diet and joint illness
· Learn about the proper use of supplements
· Understand why exercise is important
· Recognize the potential harm presented by the improper use of over-the-counter and prescription NSAIDs and pain medications
· Familiarize themselves with the pros and cons of current and new medical interventions
Through the course of the program, Dr. Vad discusses the gold standard of arthritis care (remedies without harm; mobility without pain), five reasons the disease is today’s public health epidemic, risk factors for getting it, and the three causes of pain in an arthritic joint. Information is provided on exercise, how to eat smarter, integrative therapies, and the power of the mind in reducing arthritis pain. Dr. Vad also offers guidelines on how to safely take NSAIDS, discusses minimally invasive interventions, and presents the best lifestyle options.
The list below is our -"Thank You" - gift when you pledge to KBTC!
$60 Book, Arthritis RX
$120 Combo, Book + DVD
Click HERE to make your Donation!