Employment at KBTC
Position is part-time at 24 hours per week.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Graphic Designer participates in all design aspects for KBTC's creative services projects including programming, on air promotions, events, fundraising, membership, website, print and other related projects at KBTC.
- Design, coordinate and produce all station collateral materials as needed for multiple departments including monthly printed program guide, ad layouts, invitations, print and digital advertising, A/V layouts for business to business and public presentations, motion and still graphics for on air.
- Research and recommend new technologies and efficiencies as they become available.
- Accountable for keeping personal development up-to-date; adding to skills and knowledge through courses that may be available through the Bates Technical College courses, professional development committees, etc.
- Participate actively and collaboratively on committees for college as needed including but not limited to staff recruitment, college councils, etc.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Additional activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice to meet college needs.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma/GED and three years of relevant experience OR
- Associates degree and one year of relevant experience
- Knowledge of and or experience with Premier Pro editing applications or related app
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects and InDesign; knowledge of and/or experience with Premier Pro editing applications or related application.
If necessary, alternative combinations of education and experience may be evaluated by Human Resources for comparability.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Broadcast Design, Digital Media or related field
- Two years of experience in a broadcast environment in layout, design
- Two years of experience in motion graphic, print and website design environments specifically using Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
How to Apply
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
- Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
- Complete an online application (note that stating "See Resume" on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete).
- Attach a Resume.
- Attach a Cover Letter addressing how you meet or exceed qualifications (max 2 page).
- Attach a copy of academic transcripts for all colleges and universities attended (unofficial transcripts may be submitted - official transcripts required upon employment).
- When finished click on the word Submit.
Bates Technical College reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran in its programs and activities in accordance with college policy, and applicable federal and state statutes and regulations. Bates publications are available in alternate formats upon request by contacting the Disability Support Services Office at 253.680.7010. Inquiries regarding Bates' non-discriminatory policies, including Title IX and ADA, should be directed to: For student matters, the Dean of Student Services at 253.680.7105, Downtown Campus A211. For employee matters, the Director of Human Resources at 253.680.7180, Downtown Campus A326.
Conditions of Employment
- Once offer of employment is made, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not preclude employment but will be contingent in determining the employee's suitability and competence to continue to perform in the position.
- This position has been designated as a bargaining unit position represented by Bates Technical College local union.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License.
Bates Technical College
1101 S. Yakima Ave.
Tacoma, Washington, 98405-4895
As of 8/20/2019:
Expanded Learning Opportunities Center Site Director
Click HERE for more information and to apply by August 26th
If your organization would like to be added to our contact list for future job openings so you can refer qualified applicants, please email us with your contact information at email@example.com